Position: Procurement Specialist
Location: (İstanbul, Turkey)
Reports to: Program Director / Procurement Manager
ABOUT HABİTAT: Habitat Association (Habitat) is a non-governmental organization that works in the field of sustainable development. Habitat was founded in 1997 by activists who came together for the Copenhagen Social Development Summit and the United Nations Habitat II Summit in 1995, aiming youth to play an active role in sustainable development. (habitatassociation.org)
Reporting to the Program Director and Procurement Manager, the Procurement Specialist will support the coordination and implementation of all aspects related to procurement within the Association and ongoing program activities on Refugee and Entrepreneurship. The procurement Specialist will be responsible of implementing, following up and controlling all the procurement activities within procedures.
Essential Position Responsibilities And Duties
Reporting to Program Director and Procurement Manager, the ideal candidate is responsible for:
- Integrating suppliers into the association’s supply chain;
- Following up and control all the procurement activities within procedures;
- Control all procurement activities in terms of cost management, efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Ensuring that procurement operations are in line with association policy and quality standards
- Following lead time and orders.
Qualifications And Requirements
- Has a sense and goal for a career in non-profit sector.
- Position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment. Creativity, flexibility, strong work ethic are highly valued.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is a must.
- The successful candidate must have related degree.
- Procurement knowledge with experience in procurement and material planning is required. The candidate with good procurement contract writing and strong negotiation skills will be preferred.
- Send an e-mail to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please fill the subject of your application e-mail as: Procurement Specialist Application