The VIth anniversary of the Digital Teachers Project, realized in cooperation with ING Turkey, Habitat Association and METU. The period begins. We invite teachers who want to strengthen their digital competencies to join the project.
Applications from all provinces in Turkey will be accepted for the first phase of the Digital Teachers Project, which will consist of two online phases, to be held between March-June 2023. Primary and secondary school teachers working in public schools can apply to the project.
Our quota is limited to 1,000 teachers.
Between March – May 2023, 1000 teachers from METU were taught digital citizenship and security, effective presentation preparation, creativity and visual design (creating and editing infographics, video/photographs), critical thinking and measurement & evaluation modules. A 5-week online training will be provided.
After the first phase trainings, “Virtual and Augmented Reality in Education” courses will be given by METU academicians online, within the scope of the second phase trainings, to the teachers who are entitled to be among the top 100 out of 1,000 teachers. After these trainings, it is aimed that 100 teachers will transfer what they have learned to the students in their schools.
The aims of the Digital Teachers Project are:
- The most basic is that teachers step into the digitalized world and acquire digital competencies.
- Teachers who feel deficient in information technologies or who want to improve themselves, overcome their fear of technology, and use technology effectively in education and training processes.
- Teachers who have completed the project transfer this content to their colleagues, students and even parents.
- Making teachers and students a part of digital transformation.
- Ensuring regional digital competence equality by transferring the same trainings from teachers in different provinces to students in their local areas.
- To support the digital transformation in Turkey.
Application Deadline: March 5, 2023, at 23.59
Our project will continue for 8 weeks and live lessons will be held for 5 weeks, during which you must complete the synchronous and asynchronous lessons given by the academicians from METU.
The trainings will be at the entry level for the use of information technologies in education. For application, it is sufficient to use a computer at the most basic level.
For all your questions, you can get information from email@example.com or the support line at 0850 305 23 10.